There are many reasons a claim may have stopped. Here is a list of some of the reasons your claim may not have processed benefits:
- You skipped a week of claiming and need to restart your claim.
- Your earnings for the week are your weekly benefit amount or more. This requires that you restart your claim to resume benefits.
- We are reviewing your claim to determine if you meet the eligibility criteria. We are required to complete an adjudication process for all potential claim issues such as you may:
- Not be working for a reason other than being laid off due to a lack of work
- Not be able to work full time
- Not be available to work full time or during the days and hours normal for your type of work
- Have missed work or turned down a job
- Have been traveling
- Not have sought work as required
- Not have completed your job seeker registration or ID validation requirements
- Not have provided us all of the information we have requested
When we become aware of issues that call into question if someone can receive benefits, we are legally required to look into it. While many issues can be resolved with quick follow-up questions, many times it requires a more thorough review through an adjudication process. During the adjudication process, we will gather information from you and any other source needed. If the issue is related to your most recent employment, we typically gather information from your employer as well. We then review the available information, apply the laws and rules for unemployment insurance to your situation, and then make a decision regarding the issue.
If we determine you are eligible, we will issue payments for all eligible weeks you have claimed. Depending upon the issue, we may issue a decision to deny or reduce benefits for a single week, a group of weeks, or may continue indefinitely. The administrative decision issued to you will explain if benefits are denied or reduced, and will indicate the duration of the denial or reduction.
If you have questions about your claim, the fastest way to get help is through our online Contact Us form. You also may call the UI Contact Center at 877-345-3484.