Once you have formed a business entity, you'll need to register with the Oregon Employment Department. You can securely register on the Oregon Business Registry site. Once you are registered, you will receive your Business Identification number (BIN).
If you are subject to payroll tax as an employer, we will mail you Form 11, which you'll also need to post where all your employees can read it. We can provide this form in English and Spanish.
As an employer, you are expected to:
- Keep adequate payroll records, including the following:
- Social Security numbers for each employee.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S. for all employees.
- Payroll records of when and how much you paid each employee.
- Pay taxes or reimbursements when they are due.
- File required quarterly reports or annual tax forms on time with complete information.
- Employers are required to file an Oregon Quarterly Tax Report (Form OQ) each calendar quarter.
- Domestic employers (those who employ household workers) may choose to file annually using Oregon Annual Tax Report (Form OA).
To learn more about what unemployment insurance means for a business owner, visit our Employers webpage or call us at 503-947-1488.