For regular unemployment benefits, you will need:
- Your name, Social Security number, birthdate and contact information.
- Your complete work history for the past 18 months including:
- employer name(s)
- phone number(s)
- start and end dates of employment for each employer
- Your bank account and routing number, if you want to sign up for direct deposit.
For the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program, you will need the above, plus:
- Proof of earnings (only if you want a weekly benefit amount higher than the $205 minimum; see our PUA Income Documentation Guide) such as:
- Form 1065 AND K-1 or W-2
- Form 1040 or 1040-RS AND Schedule C
- Form 1120s AND K-1 or W-2
- The date you first became unemployed due to COVID-19
- How much you earned during any past week for which you are seeking benefits